APIAVote-Michigan GOTV Coordinator posting
Deadline: August 20, 2012
APIAVote-Michigan seeks a Coordinator to operate the Get out the Vote (GOTV) activities. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to successfully execute GOTV operation activities and civic participation projects, be self-motivated, and have a demonstrated commitment to the advancement of the Asian American community.
This is a part-time contractual position from September 2012 to November 2012. The GOTV coordinator will work collaboratively with interns and volunteers and report to the community coordinator. This position is an opportunity to mobilize and strengthen the Asian American community’s voice in Michigan through civic participation and social change efforts.
About APIAVote-Michigan: Asian & Pacific Islander American Vote-Michigan is a nonpartisan nonprofit 501(C)(3) organization that serves the Asian Pacific Islander American community through civic participation, advocacy, and education.
- Plan and conduct all Get Out The Vote (GOTV) operation activities to get the APIA community to get up, go out, and vote on Election Day (phone banks, mailer, media efforts)
- Coordinate volunteers to help with the GOTV drive
- Assist in planning and conduction for voter registration drives
- Assist with events, membership, communications, or other efforts as directed by the community coordinator
- Help with administrative duties as directed by the community coordinator
We see candidates who excel in community building, are detail-oriented, and have strong administrative execution skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in relevant field required
- GOTV operation experience required
- Experience working with Asian American community
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication, writing, facilitation, and computer skills required
- Ability to multi-task effectively, work in diverse settings, and work independently required
- Some evening/weekend work required and applicant must have own transportation
- Fluency in one or more Asian languages preferred
Compensation: Compensation will be determined based on experience. This is a part-time contract position at a recommended 20 hours per week.
E-mail cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com by August 20, 2012.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse team are fundamental principals at Asian & Pacific Islander American Vote – Michigan, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.